Horizon Protocol Community Governance: Gas-free Voting with Snapshot
Horizon Protocol plans to achieve a Horizon DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) Community Governance in the future. We want to empower the community to steer Horizon Protocol’s progress and direction. To ensure our governance process is successful we will begin step by step using Snapshot to conduct our community governance votes.
Voting on a Horizon Protocol Community Governance Proposal in 3 Easy Steps:
Using Snapshot to vote on Horizon Protocol Proposals is simple, user-friendly, and does not cost gas to cast your vote.
- Find our proposals on the Horizon Protocol Snapshot page
- Connect to Snapshot using your Metamask wallet that holds HZN.
- Cast your vote!
Step 2 — Connect the wallet that holds your HZN to Snapshot. The wallet supported by both Horizon Protocol and Snapshot is Metamask.
Binance Chain Wallet users can easily export their private key and import it to Metamask in order to vote. This will have no effect on your preference to continue using Binance Chain Wallet. It will, however, allow your voice to be heard and vote in Horizon Protocol Improvement Proposals!
Confirm the connection and connect your wallet to Snapshot.
Browse Horizon Protocol Community Governance Proposals and select the proposal you wish to vote on.
Step 3 — Casting Your Vote
You will see the a description of the proposal, options to vote, and the settings of the vote.
- Voting system — Single choice voting — we’re opting to choose one option with your voting power.
- Snapshot — the block at which the system snapshots HZN distribution between holders.
- Strategy —Default voting power strategy is calculated based on the amount of HZN you hold (excluding escrowed HZN).
Scroll down and find ‘Cast Your Vote’ when ready.
Cast your vote.
Confirm your vote with no gas cost.
Confirm your signature request.
You have successfully casted your vote!